The TEN/MET Strategic Plan Jan 2018- Dec 2022 Midterm Review
Tanzania Education Network/Mtandaowa Elimu Tanzania (TEN/MET) is a network of 184 members working in the education sector since its inception in 1999. Its core aim is to coordinate and strengthen education Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), including international NGOs, to advocate for equitable access to quality education and articulate concerns of local communities with an informed collective voice, and to influence policies for Universal Basic Education (UBE) in Tanzania.
The TEN/MET Strategic Plan Jan 2018- Dec 2022, anchored on the education system through which every Tanzanian child has the opportunity of engaging in quality education, charts a course towards the attainment of Sustainable Development Goals and the realization of a future in which every child attains quality education.
The Strategic Plan 2018-2022 has five Strategic Objectives
- Strong institutional capacity through Board and Secretariat capable of coordinating the national network;
- Develop and coordinate a strong national network of education CSOs linked to international partners;
- Equip member CSOs with tools and competencies required to effectively manage change;
- Commission robust research into education and governance approaches to inform best practices; and
- Undertake relevant and impactful advocacy campaigns to drive positive changes in the delivery of education.
Evaluation purpose and scope
The overall goal of the MTE was to determine how well the Strategic Plan has been implemented, the extent to which the network has achieved the intended targets, the challenges encountered, the MTE collated and analysed lessons learned, and recommendations for improvement.
Please read the full document here