The 2nd International Quality Education Conference(IQEC)
August 17 @ 8:00 am - August 19 @ 5:00 pm
Tanzania Education Network/Mtandao wa Elimu Tanzania (TEN/MET) is a national network of over 158 members working in the education sector in Tanzania mainland since its inception in 1999. TEN/MET envisions a national educational system through which every Tanzanian child has the opportunity to engage in quality education. The vision is enriched through its mission of coordinating and strengthening education civil society organizations in Tanzania through networking, capacity building, research, and advocacy.
IQEC is being organized by TEN/MET to provide an opportunity and avenue to policy makers, delegates across Africa and beyond, researchers, educationists, academia, stakeholders and students to interact and share their experience and knowledge on the role education in a transforming global dynamics. TEN/MET will provide an excellent international forum for sharing knowledge and experience on education leadership for sustainable future, digitization of education in Africa, global knowledge gap, literacy challenges and opportunities, gender equality through education, education systems strengthening, technology for learning and much more. The aim of the conference is to uncover trends in education and learn unique perspective in re-imagining the future of Africa education, context, challenges and opportunities.
Education is too important to be left to chance. Its impact defines and transcend generations. At this very decisive moment where global transformation in every sector is taking place, states ought to rethink the role of education and the future of planet earth. The second international quality education conference in Tanzania is an impetus to cause us to think and generate sustainable solutions that will unlock the generational quest for quality, equitable inclusive education. Further, the conference will steer discussion on financing quality education and what need to be done now that the levels of investment to education do not match the needs on the ground.
Education is one of the fundamental human rights and a prerequisite for social and economic development as expressed in UN 17 Sustainable Development Goals and African Union 2030 Agenda. The SDG4 focus is to “ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all”. To demonstrate the importance of education, member countries have made commitment to allocate 20% of their national annual budget and 6% of the GDP to education. Towards 2030 still 70% of countries allocate less than 4% of their GDP to education. This calls for reflection on how states invest in education and whether developmental gaps including digital divide will ever be solved. TEN/MET believes that education is a human right for all throughout life and access must be matched by quality education. Hence we shall continue to pioneer education that transforms lives of learners by eradicating poverty and drive sustainable development.
Quality education is at the heart of African Promise; equipping schools with the infrastructure and resources they need to give children the best start in life. Towards the end of 2021 using aid money from COVID-19 support, Tanzania government took an affirmative action to solve the problem of classrooms shortages and constructed 15,000 classrooms for secondary schools beyond the gap of 11,000 classrooms. It’s important to bring to light and showcase such bold initiatives to other countries in order to bring about lasting possibilities requiring learning and change.
This conference is a masterpiece to all stakeholders to exchange ideas, experiences, opinions and research results relating to rethinking the future of our education and making the world a better place for all generations to come. We look forward to seeing you in Dar es salaam.
Objectives of the Conference
The overall objective of IQEC is to bring together education stakeholders to exchange and share experiences, innovations in education, best practices, research findings on education delivery and leadership and management of education for better policy and practice.
The specific objectives of the conference are:
- To identify and discuss the future of education through collective approach
- To share experiences within Tanzania and beyond on what works well in the delivery of education
- To disseminate research findings on the different education studies carried out in 2021 and 2022
- To explore and share experience on innovative approaches to education financing – International/ and local perspective.
- To provide opportunity for education stakeholders to showcase their initiatives/interventions/work in the sector.
- To influence education policy change in the right direction in the 21st century
Conference expected outcome
By the end of the conference participants will be able to:
- Develop and deliberate on innovative approaches to improving quality education.
- Share experience, technology and expertise on effective governance of education sector.
- Improved sustainable solutions to education financing.
- Conference proceedings and deliberations.
- Plausible solutions to address the issue of quality and relevance of education.
- NGOS in Education and Allied Sectors
- Representatives of the Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- TEN/MET members
- Representatives of the Diplomatic missions
- The Private Sector
- Higher Education Financing Agencies
- Representatives of Finance and Telecommunication sector
- Development Partners
- Members of African Parliaments responsible for education Sector/committees
- Teachers Union
- Universities, colleges and all education regulatory authorities
- Faith based organizations
TEN/MET is hereby pleased to invite you all to its 2nd International Quality Education Conference(IQEC) that will be held on 17th through 19th August 2022 at the Julius Nyerere International Convention Centre in Dar es Salaam. The conference’s theme is Re-thinking the Role of Education- At the Key Moment of Global Transformation
Please click here to register for the event