New Strategic Plan Launch
October 14 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
This five-Year Strategic Plan envisages complimenting government efforts to provide quality inclusive education to learners in Tanzania. The strategic plan is also prepared in line with the Government Planning framework which includes the National Five-Year Development Plan (2021/2022 – 2025/2026), the Tanzania Development Vision 2025, Global initiatives under Sustainable Development Goals and other Government directives geared at ensuring that Tanzania is economically advantaged with the current global phase of the fourth industrial revolution. In addition, the First Five-Year Strategic Plan has been informed by, among others, the Education and Training Policy (ETP) of 2014 and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), particularly SDG No. 4 and 5. The Strategy has also taken keen consideration to the current ESDP 2023/27.
TEN/MET will make every effort to meet the five strategic objectives listed below during the Strategic Plan period.
- To coordinate education Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) influence decisions in the education system in Tanzania.
- To strengthen TEN/MET systems and structures to carry its mandate.
- To generate evidence-based best practices locally, regionally and globally to influence educational policy and practices.
- To advocate for gender mainstreaming in the education system to secure equitable, inclusive and quality education for learners Tanzania.
- To advocate for the education system that embraces science, Technology, and Innovation to meet the demands of the 4th industrial revolution.