TEN/MET is a national network of 158 education CSOs working in the education sector in Tanzania Mainland. TEN/MET envisions a national education system through which every Tanzanian child has the opportunity to engage in quality education. The vision is enriched through its mission of coordinating and strengthening education civil society organizations in Tanzania through networking, capacity building, research, and advocacy.
TEN/MET activities are guided by a strategic plan that is guided and shaped by five strategic objectives which are:
1. Strong institutional capacity through Board and Secretariat capable of coordinating the national network;
2. Develop and coordinate a strong national network of education CSOs linked to international partners;
3. Equip member CSOs with tools and competencies required to effectively manage change;
4. Commission robust research into education and governance approaches to inform best practices and
5. Undertake relevant and impactful advocacy campaigns to drive positive changes in the delivery of education.